Angki Purbandono was born in Semarang in 1971. He studied photography at the Indonesian institute of Arts and was the co-founder of the Ruang MES 56 Alternative Space in Yogyakarta. Besides important art events such as the CP Biennial and the Industrial Fiesta Cemeti Art House (2007), the artist has participated in several group exhibitions both in Indonesia and abroad.
Purbandono is by all means the upgraded artist. he upgrades his own individual universe at each software being released on the marketplace, he archives memories of the future by decontextualising invisible and forgotten everyday life objects that he appropriates as his own manifesto of Indonesian Digital.
After the group show Fetish (2007) and Hyperlinks (2010), the artist presented at Biasa Artspace the solo exhibition entitled Happy Scan . Angki purbandono was the recipient of the Asian Artist Fellowship at Changdong Art Studio, South Korea (2006).
- (1999) KOLOSMANIAC, Centre Culturel Francais, Yogyakarta.
- (2000) My Brain Packages, Centre Culturel Francais, Jakarta.
- (2006) Industrial Fiesta, Cemeti Art House, Yogyakarta.
- (2007) Industrial Fiesta, Changdong Art Studio, Seoul.
- (2008) Happy Scan, Biasa Art Space, Bali.
- (2009) Kissing the Methods, Richard Koh Fine Art, Kuala Lumpur
- (2010) 2 Folders From Fukuoka, Vivi Yip Art Room, Jakarta.
- (2010) Noodle Theory, Garis Art, Jakarta.
- (2011) Top Pop, S. Bin Art Plus Gallery, Singapore.
- (2012) OVALOVA, Vivi Yip Art Room, Jakarta.
- (2013) Invisible Cities Hong Kong, Art Project Gallery, Hong Kong.
- (2014) The Swimmers-Prison Art Programs, Mizuma Gallery, Singapore.
- Angsana // Southeast Asian Photographer Taking Fight now, 2902 Gallery, Singapore.
- The Month of Photography, Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography, Japan.
- TV Lovers, Art Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Indonesian Eye: Fantasies and Realities, Ciputra Marketing Gallery, Indonesia.
- We are Open Now, Garis Art, Jakarta.
- ARTJOG 11, Taman Budaya, Yogyakarta.
- Beastly of Indonesian Contemporary Art, Cemeti Art House, Yogyakarta.
- Indonesian Eye: Fantasies and Realities, Saatchi Gallery, London.
- Indonesian Contemporary Photography, Centre for Contemporary Photography, Melbourne.
- Beastly of indonesian Contemporary Art, Salihara Gallery, Jakarta.
- Jakarta Biennale “Maximum City: Survive of Escape?” Galeri Cipta II, Jakarta.
- (2011) Money Culture, Garis Art Space, Jakarta.
- Documenting Now, Indonesian Art Institute Gallery, Yogyakarta.
- LEGACY – Seribu Rupiah (book edition), Esa Sampoerna Art Museum, Indonesia.
- A Story of a Mentor | OHD’s Birthday Anniversary, Tribakti’s, Indonesia.
- Archive – Reclaim.doc, National Gallery, Jakarta.
- Saturations: Selection of Indonesian Contemporary Photography Post 2000s, Element Art Space, Singapore.
- Insight, Kunstraum Englanderbau Vaduz, Liechtenstein.
- ARTJOG 12-Ghost Park, Taman Budaya, Yogyakarta.
- (2012) Colonial Photo Studio Exhibition, Action Field Kodra, Kodra Kalamaria, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- ARTJOG 13 – Maritime Culture, Taman Budaya, Yogyakarta.
- Crossing Contemporary Culture, Melbourne International Fine Art, Australia.
- (2013) Versus – Indonesian Contemporary Art, Mizuma Gallery, Singapore.
- Helu – Trans Collectors Series: Southeast Asia/Contemporary, Artspace@Helutrans, Singapore.
- Archipelagoes, Mizuma Gallery, Singapore
- Fermented in Indonesia, Mizuma Gallery, Singapore
- ARTJOG 14-Legacies of Power, Taman Budaya, Yogyakarta.
- SHOUT! Indonesian Contemporary art at MUSEO D’ARTE Contemporanea Roma (MACRO), Roma.
- (2014) Multiple Languages, Curated by Leslie de Chavez & Louis Marcelino, Silverlens, Manila.