He was born in 15 April 1916 Bali, Indonesia Born in Zaandam, the Netherlands, 1916.
He was a student of the Academy of Arts in Rotterdam before working as lithographer for the Dutch Colonial Army in the Dutch Indies prior to the Second World War. He moved to Bali in 1956 to engage in full time painting and became an Indonesia Citizen, produced as well as taught painting painting at the Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB). Many of his painting depict the nature of his surrounding environment. He had several solo exhibition in Bandung Institute of Technology, The Honolulu East West Center, and The Center of Strategic and International Studies in Jakarta. He received the “Dharma Kusuma” art awards from the local government of Bali.
- 1998 East West Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
- 1997 Indonesia – Japan Friendship Festival, Japan, Morioka, Tokyo
- 1996 Center for strategic and International Studies, Jakarta
- 1995 Museum Nasional, Indonesia, Jakarta
- 1994-1995 Neka Art Museum, Indonesia, Ubud, Bali
- 1994 Singapore Art Museum, Singapore
- 1992 Neka Art Museum, Indonesia, Ubud, Bali
- 1990 Center for strategic and International Studies, Jakarta Award
- 1992 Dharma Kusuma, Indonesia, Bali