Louis Nicolas Darbon
“From fellow artists to modern culture, Louis-Nicolas Darbon cites many influences to his work; these and his ethnically diverse background have all left their imprint on his artistic style.
Darbon’s travels have perhaps had the greatest effect, with the energy of New York, tranquillity of Paris and creativity in London providing inspiration at every corner.
Working now for a global fashion organisation, Darbon again merges several worlds, with art and fashion colliding.
As seen in ‘The Girl With Lollipop’ his work is undeniably fun and liberating, bursting with energy and colour.”
”Inspired by Pop Art and Street Art, Darbon seamlessly smudges the line between art and fashion with iconic paintings that hark back to the swinging sixties, and the Warhol Factory.
Pop Art and fashion have always gone hand in hand for Parisian born, Notting Hill based Darbon. Alongside his exploding art career, Darbon is one of the few prolific fashion illustrators of today working for big names such as Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Mont Blanc and Christian Louboutin.
Considered the most stylish man on Instagram, and with over 100,000 followers and counting, it’s no surprise that Darbon has attracted a lot of interest in both the world of art and fashion. It was through his Instagram that Massimo Dutti approached him last October and flew him to Barcelona to work on a personal tailoring collection concept. Armed with just a few pieces of fabric and some sketches, he created 20 realistic looking ‘country luxe’ lifestyle illustrations.
With more fashion illustration projects in progress with Massimo Dutti and Ralph Lauren, and another art exhibition lined up in Marrakech, this man is showing no signs of slowing down.”
- 2015 – POP MOROCCO – The Pearl Hotel, Marrakech
- 2015 – RUN WAY – The Exhibitionist Hotel, London
- 2015 – EXPOSED – Graffik Gallery, London
- 2016 – Affordable Art Fair ,Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Art Front Gallery, Hong Kong
- 2015 – “Urban Distress” Exhibition, Art Front Gallery, Suntec City Convention Centre, Singapore
- 2015 – Affordable Art Fair , F1 Pit Building, Art Front Gallery, Singapore
- 2015 – POP MOROCCO – BCK Gallery, Marrakech
- 2015 – FASHION ART – Samhart Gallery, London
- 2014 – EXPOSURE – Imitate Modern, London
- 2014 – New School 2 – Graffik Gallery, London
- 2013 – Saatchi Young Artists – Saatchi Gallery, London