Riccardo Rossati paints large, powerful pictures of people. his fascination with the human body has in common with everyone’s: a primal interest in muscle and posture, flesh and bones, at all ages of life. Rossati approach to his paintings informs us, the viewer, about the inner life of the subject-the emotion and spirits and the identity of the individual in the world at a particular moment in time.
Rossati applies liberally on large canvas, and even though this technique is overwhelmingly potent, the enduring emotion is one of intimacy with the subject seeing someone in a unguarded moment, or engaging with that person’s gaze. Themes often consolidate the works; a dawn or dusk sky in the background, a modern apartment block framing the subject, a red cloth somewhere on the ground, a familiar arm, a familiar face.
Riccardo Rossati paints the people around us, the people we know, the people we see in mirrors.
- 2016 – Singapore Contemporary Art Show, Art Front Gallery, Suntec City Conventional & Exhibition Centre, Singapore.
- 2016 – “Thai Boxers”, Art Front Gallery, Singapore – Solo Exhibition
- 2015 – Spazio Aquadro, Rome, Italy; “il Canto della Materia” – Solo Exhibition
- 2014 – Galerie MooiMan, Groingen, Holland
- 2012 – Art Front Gallery, Singapore
- 2012 V64 art center, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2011 – Art Front Gallery, Singapore
- 2010 – Galerie MooiMan, Groingen, Holland
- 2009 – Galerie Editor, Paris, France
- 2008 – Spazio Tadini, Milan, Italy – Solo Exhibition
- 2008 – K Space, Beijing, China – Solo Exhibition
- 2008 – K Space, 798 art center, Beijing, China – Solo Exhibition
- 2008 – Legend Art Gallery, Shanghai, China
- 2008 – Migrazioni Mediterraneee – Galleria Koine Scicli, Italy
- 2007 – Maison d’Italie, Paris, France – Solo Exhibition
- 2006 – Kitsch Annualen, Stavern, Norway
- 2006 – Museo Nazionale Etrusco Di Villa Giulia, Rome
- 2004 – Galerie Faubourg, Holland, Amsterdam – Solo Exhibition
- 2003 – Galerie Faubourg, Holland, Amsterdam
- 2002 – Galleria Impronta Degli Uccelli, Rome – Solo Exhibition
- 2001 – Signs of Peace, Palestrina National Archeological Museum, Rome
- 2001- Oraziana, Oraziano Museum – Palazzo Orsini, Licenza, Rome
- 2000 – Il Selvaggio Gallery, Rome – Solo Exhibition
- 1999 – Civica Gallery Di Enna
- 1999 – Kiron Gallery, Paris
- 1996 – Funum Gallery, Hammamet, Tunisia – Solo Exhibition
- 1996 – Sidi Bou Said Museum, Tunisia
- 1996 – Essadi Gallery, Cartage, Tunisia
- 1995 – Arthe Gallery La Marsa, Tunisia