Vu Cong Dien
1976 Born in Qang Ning province, Vietnam
2005 Graduated from Vietnamese Hanoi Fine Art Uniersity Member of the Club of Young Vietnamese Artists
Vu Cong Dien was born in 1975 and graduated from the Hanoi Fine Arts University in 2005. He has only been on the professional scene for a few years yet his works are already in high demand in Europe, Australia, the US and Japan. Dien brings a fresh approach to his landscapes often using color in unusual combinations. At other times, he uses mono and dichromatic color schemes to achieve a sense of tranquility and peace.
In this short span of time, Dien’s works have already been highly regarded for his meticulous approach and the manner in which he seamlessly blends nature and the human family to form the perfect balance. He has successfully exhibited his works internationally including UK, Europe, UAE, Japan, Hong Kong, and continues to be in high demand by private collectors and galleries globally.
Dien grew up in the Quang Ninh province – a mountainous region with abundant land, forest and water. This experience contributed to and shaped Dien’s visualisation and aesthetic sense in his paintings. His hallmark representations of quiet and peaceful landscapes that are often accompanied by the visual play on colours of the four seasons in transition are now internationally recognised as quintessentially Dien’s.
Dien’s works were extremely well received at his exhibition in Dubai as well as at his exhibition here in Tokyo and are quite difficult to come by since he takes time to paint with meticulous attention to detail. We feel privileged to have been the first gallery outside of Vietnam to feature his works and enjoyed introducing him in person to the Tokyo community in November 2008 when he was a featured artist at “Through Their Eyes” benefit exhibition at Shinsei Bank. His works are currently being carried in galleries in Singapore, London, Dubai, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Finland, Belgium and Hanoi.
Dien’s has only been on the professional scene for a few years yet his works are already in high demand in Europe, Australia, the US and Japan. Dien’s style of painting is characterized by vast expanses of fields dominated by large balloon shaped trees. He uses mono and dichromatic color schemes to achieve a sense of tranquility and peace
- 2003 Group exhibition of students in Australia
- 2004 The Club of Young Vietnamese Artits
- 2005 Group exhibition of students in the Fine Art University
- 2005 National Fine Art Exhibition, Hanoi
- 2006 Group exhibition at Torrizaka Art Gallery in Tokyo, Japan
- 2006 Show at Arch Angel Gallery in Hong Kong
- 2007 Group exhibition at Durlance Fine Art in London, UK
- 2007 Show at Toriizaka Art Gallery in Tokyo, Japan.
- 2007 ” The colour of The East” exhibition at The Red Gallery, Dubai, UAE.
- 2007 Group exhibition at Panasia Gallery in Zurich Switzerland.
- 2008 ” The Dreamy Land of Vu Cong Dien” at Dragon Gallery in Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2008 ” The Dreamy Land of Vu Cong Dien” at Sutherland Arts Gallery in Singapore
- 2008 ” Through Their Eyes” at Toriizaka Art in Tokyo, Japan