Born in 1986, Dalian, China. In 2008, Zhou Quan pursued a Diploma in Fine Arts at Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts in Singapore where he majored in western painting. After his graduation, he returned to China in 2012 and stays in Beijing presently.
Zhou is an aspiring artist who took the initiative to be an apprentice to a Singaporean based Chinese artist for a year. During his apprenticeship, he learnt the art of tempera painting. His strength lies in his ability to use a classical approach to depict humanity and sociology issues in the modern world. The fusion of timeless classic and modernity creates “Modern Classic” – a charming sense of contemporary shown in his artworks. Believing that classics can never be replaced, Zhou specializes in classical tempera painting. The noble and elegance shown in tempera painting technique radiate a certain charm of the new era.
- (2010) Inside and outside, Singapore
- (2010) What about us, Singapore.
- (2010) Affordable Art Fair Singapore, Singapore.
- (2011) Group Art Exhibition, Mercedes-Benz Center, Singapore
- (2013) Reproduction I: Silence, 798 Art Zone, Center for Contemporary Art, Beijing.
- (2013) Reproduction II: 2hours, C- Space, Beijing.
- (2013) Ding Ding and his companions, C-Space, Beijing.
- (2014) Black Box, Group Art Exhibition, 798 Art Zone, Beijing.
- (2014) International Art Expo, Solo Exhibition Showcase.
- (2015) The Search of Impressions – Solo Exhibition, Xu Ying Art Museum, Beijing.